Creating a garden filled with pollinator perennials establishes much-needed habitats and food sources for bees, butterflies, and more. The extensive color variations of pollinator perennials will not only enhance your curb appeal, but pollinators such as birds, butterflies, and bees will be racing to visit your landscape!
Memorial Day marks the time to honor and reflect on the memories of fallen loved ones. Gardens are an ideal place to create a beautiful space of solitude and peace for remembering them. Here are a few ideas for how to create a memorial garden in a small space:
It’s that time of year again; Mother’s Day is right around the corner! Instead of waiting until the last minute to pick something up, this year give that special woman (or women) in your life gifts that will WOW. Whether you choose a living or non-living gift, you are sure to enhance moms outdoor living space that will remind her of you and your thoughtfulness for years to come!
Summer may be coming to an end, but the blooming season is not over for annuals! Late summer/early fall is the perfect time to garden for fall colors. Refresh your garden for fall with show-stopping annuals to create the perfect autumn cozy space! Trying to pick out the best annuals for fall may sound stressful, but we have a few tips to get your fall garden started. It is important to first plan out which annuals you are looking to plant before your fall hang-out spot can be completed.
- Posted on May 16, 2022
- /Under Annuals, Care Guides, Fall, Featured, Gardening Tips, Hardscapes, Houseplants, Maryland Gardening, Perennials, Seasonal, Shrubs, Spring, Summer, Trees, Winter
Having a garden is a joy; having a cohesive garden that inspires you every time you look at it is simply the best. Create an immersive experience and express your unique style with these garden themes, trending now.
- Posted on May 3, 2022
- /Under Care Guides, Featured, Gardening Tips, Maryland Gardening, Planters, Pruning, Seasonal, Specials, Spring, Uncategorized, Winter
Combination planters and mixed hanging baskets are perfect ways to add color, texture, and joy to your outdoor living spaces. Check out these ten stunning planter recipes for a kickstart into spring. Just add a planter and some soil, water, and sun - instant color!
- Posted on April 12, 2022
- /Under Care Guides, Fall, Featured, Gardening Tips, Hardscapes, Houseplants, Lawn Care, Maryland Gardening, Mulch, Privacy Trees, Propagation, Seasonal, Specials, Spring, Summer, Vegetable Gardening, Winter
What are the building blocks of well-designed gardens and backyard landscapes? Well, they are very similar to the building blocks of a poem, a song, or a painting. Garden design is an art form, and it benefits from the same ideas and structures that other art forms use every day. Read on to learn a few key basics that will help you unlock your inner garden designer.
- Posted on March 14, 2022
- /Under Care Guides, Featured, Gardening Tips, Hardscapes, Houseplants, Lawn Care, Maryland Gardening, Mulch, Pest Control, Propagation, Seasonal, Spring, Summer, Vegetable Gardening
Raised Bed Gardens are all the rage these days. What are they and why are they so great? Read on to learn why we love raised bed gardens and how you can make your own!
Maryland weather can get weird, and it can be stressful for trees. Learn why an early bud and a late frost stress trees out so much, and what you can do if it happens.
- Posted on February 2, 2022
- /Under Annuals, Fall, Featured, Gardening Tips, Houseplants, Perennials, Seasonal, Shrubs, Spring, Summer, Trees, Winter
What is your garden saying? According to the Language of Flowers, the plants in your bouquets and flowerbeds are imbued with layers of meaning and symbolism. Learn what different popular flowers and plants represent.