Yes, Patuxent does have thousands of flowers to choose from – Spring through Fall. Why? Because, our growers produce top quality plants with care and attention. We feature the most beautiful, unique patio planters available, huge hanging baskets, the greatest assortment of material in the area.
From our own greenhouses and the areas top growers, we feature full quantities of high quality material. Annual flowers will provide your garden or landscape with great color from early spring through fall. We grow and sell only contractor grade and specification material. Larger quantities ensure more successful performance in your landscape and gardens.
FREEZE TOLERANT ANNUALS
These are annuals that can withstand freezing temperatures and hard frosts for short periods with little or no injury.
• MARGUERITE DAISY (Argyranthemum frutescens)
• SWAN RIVER DAISY (Brachycomb iberidifolia)
• MILLION BELLS (Calibrachoa x hybrida)
• DRACAENA SPIKE (Cordyline australis)
• DUSTY MILLER (Scenecio cineraria)
• GAZANIA (Gazania rigens)
• NEMESIA (Nemesia fruticans)
• CAPE DAISY (Osteospermum)
• PETUNIA (Petunia x hybrida)
• SWEET PEA (Lathyrus odoratus)
• VERBENA (Verbena x hybrida)
These are annuals that are perennials in warmer zones and can actually over-winter in this area during mild winters of if they are located in a warm, sunny, protected area. These are very frost and freeze tolerant annuals.
• ANNUAL CARNATION (Dianthus caryophyllus)
• ANNUAL PINKS (Dianthus chinensis)
• PANSY (Viola x wittrockiana)
• PURPLE FOUNTAIN GRASS (Pennisetum setaceum ‘Rubrum’)
• MEALYCUP SAGE (Salvia farinacea)
• VARIEGATED VINCA VINE (Vinca major ‘Variegata)